October 28, 2008

A Summery Vermicelli Dish

Damn! Forgot the peanuts! (-____-)

I don't know which I prefer eating- soup noodles (pho) or dry vermicelli (bun). Both is really popular in Vietnamese cuisine. I guess it depends on the weather really. In the summer, I don't pho as much, and would prefer the cooler and more refreshing dry noodle dish.

Dry vermicelli is usually eaten with grilled meats, herbs, cucumbers, and a diluted seasoned fish sauce. This is vegetarian version I made is with stir fried jicama, fried tofu, cucumbers, herbs, and spicy soy sauce.

This dish is like an unrolled version of a summer roll. ^-^ So, if you have rice paper, roll it up!

Choose your sauce!

2 comments:

Kiwi said...

Your photos always look so professional. Seriously, if you ever opened up a cafe/bakery that served Asian yummies in the cafe section and your heavenly baked goods in the bakery section you'd make a bomb. Your blog consistently makes me drool, or makes my tummy grumble. hehe.

Very dangerous for late-night reading. ;)

ice cream addict (=^_^=) said...

aww thanks! :)