September 2, 2008

Sticky Rice with Peanut-Sesame Topping

It's not a good idea to be posting up pictures of food at night, especially at 2am. Because I'm hungry!

This is sticky rice I cooked with split mung beans, and topped with a roasted sesame peanut sugar salt mixture. Sounds odd, since the Thai sticky rice with mango is more well known, but I really like the combination of eating sticky rice with a salty-sweet peanut topping. It's the Vietnamese way.

The mung beans add a buttery texture to the rice, and also making it not as sticky and heavy. Sticky rice is also served at weddings and New Years (artificially colored pink) because I think there is a special meaning to it.

1 comment:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

You know, I think I'll like your version of the sticky rice because I love mung bean and peanut but not mango...

And a bit of coconut milk.