June 7, 2008

Saturday Morning Noodles


What to eat on a Saturday morning??

Today, it is noodles!

When I was younger, my mum would make noodles for me on the weekends. Every kind of noodle she made is so good and I have very fond memories of them. Now that I am grown up, and she getting older, I am making it for her.

It would be easier to make some eggs for me and some stir fries for her. But, it is just so much more comforting to sip some good broth and eat some noodles. It didn't took me any longer to cook this that it would be for me to make the other dishes for me and her.

What I have on hand is whole wheat angel hair, and that's what I went with. Although you can certainly pair it with any rice, egg, or pasta noodles. Yes, I did stick a bunch of watercress on the side there. Makes the noodles better with its spiciness, and you got some greens too!

Finish it off with some whole peppercorns or Sriracha, and a drizzle of sesame oil, then dig in! (^_^*)

No comments: