August 21, 2008

One birthday, One cake- a strawberry sponge cake

Yes... another birthday cake. In fact, I'll be making yet another one next weekend too. ^_^

This cake came out so much better than the previous ones I've made! I think it's because I altered the ingredients slightly.

The recipe is still the same, except I used 110g of cake flour instead of 150g. The cake was softer. This time, I also whipped the eggs (both whites and yolks) longer, to incorporate more air into it. Whipping it on medium speed, rather than being extremely fast, will stabilize the air bubbles more... creating a more airy cake.

If you think making a whole cake one day is too labor intensive, then you can bake the sponge cake part the night before and wrap it in plastic wrap. All you gotta do the next day is whip up some whipped cream and decorate the cake. Happy cake eating!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Munch munch munch I wanna eat the 27!

Tom Eeee said...

I hear there is a flour and icing sugar shortage in Everett and Chelsea now you can't stop baking these lovely creations :p

ice cream addict (=^_^=) said...

hehe I stocked up on the cake flours! For spontaneous cake baking nights :)