July 29, 2008

Rice Stick Noodles- Stir fried


Did you have lunch yet? I just found out SOMEBODY had drunken noodle with out me today. :(

Well, this noodle dish is not from today, but from the past weekend. Usually during the week, my meals are only rice since it's always hot and ready in a rice pot.

But for weekends, I'd like to make noodles, whether soup noodles, stir fries, or (dry) tossed. The tossed is with vermicelli, chiffonade lettuce and herbs, grilled meats or fried lemongrass tofu, with a seasoned soy or fish sauce that you spoon in to your bowl. Then you toss it together!

This dish was just a stir fry of vegetables and fried tofu that I needed to use up before they go bad. Stir fries don't need to be complicated, where you follow a specific recipe. The only thing that you need to follow is the order of the ingredients you're going to cook... which one cooks quicker than another, so that it doesn't turn mushy. Mushy vegetables are bad bad!

No comments: