July 21, 2010

Chocolate biscotti

Are biscotti the only cookies that are acceptable to eat for breakfast?  Because you can have it with your morning coffee.

This was my first time baking biscotti, and it's kind of a failed one.  Not sure what I did wrong, because I ended up adding a bunch of uncalled for ingredients into the cookie dough.  Maybe that's what's wrong!  Adding additional ingredients and that messed up the ratio between the flour:eggs:oil!

• Do I really want extra dark chocolate chips in mine as well as melted dark chocolate?  YES.
• Do I want to add a bit of butter?  YES, don't be afraid of a little butter!
• How about a little ground almond?  Might as well, so I can wash the container!
• Got some extra walnuts?  Yes, dump that in too.  To clean up the extra odds and ends in my baking cabinet.

By this time, the dough looked nothing like it's supposed to.  But let's pop this in the oven anyway and wonder for an hour if they'll end up being dumped in the trash.
Nah.. they still came out deliciously crunchy and chocolatey in the end.

Maybe next time, I will make ginger-chocolate biscotti!

No comments: