May 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Pizza?

Another one of my odd pizza creations.  My first Thanksgiving pizza! Why not?  Since I'm a vegetarian, I don't eat turkey and the same o' Thanksgiving sides do seem kinda boring... Hence, pizza with Thanksgiving toppings is awesome!  They are awesome in general. ^_^

Squash, feta, caramelized onions, chive pizza?

Or... Squash, feta, caramelized onions, chive, and dried cranberries pizza?

I like the first one better!  Without cranberries!  The squash was good in its own way, but I think cranberries would be better with  a sweet potato pizza for Thanksgiving.  Sweet potatoes are sweeter, so they can contrast better to the sour taste of cranberries.

This will be what I'm making this upcoming Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Have you ever been to Penguin Pizza in Brigham Circle? They have a pizza called The Seasonal, which features a butternut squash puree - amazing!

ice cream addict (=^_^=) said...

I've been to Penguin Pizza before, but never had The Seasonal. I'll have to check out that pizza now! Thanks!

Kiwi said...

I'm generally a very Plain Pizza kind of person (margheritas, mushrooms, pepperoni, maybe some ham or proscuitto, and if I feel like getting more topping-heavy, olives and artichokes). So I'd never have imagined a pizza like this, but it actually looks delicious! What a great idea!