December 18, 2008

Hurrying = Bad Cake Decorating


This was a birthday cake for my sister back in November. I was busy the whole day and didn't have much time to decorate the cake- no writing name, no candles, no pretty decorations... The peaches were also laid out half-thought through.

Overall, everyone loved it because the inside had a thick layer of durian. I used twice the amount of durian I'd normally use. Yum yum. Well, almost everyone. One of my nephews ran up afterward to put in a request for the next cake: NO durian. ^_^

My only disappointment was that the kiwis I bought did not ripe in time. They were still sour. I wish I had some sweet strawberries like in the summer. Le sigh...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, no durian! Hmph!



Mmmm, gimme more cake! :-D

Tom Eeee said...

come on, it still looks great!

Kiwi said...

Even your 'badly decorated cake' is a million times better than the average person's cake decorating skills. Seriously.

ice cream addict (=^_^=) said...

Thanks guys ^_^ I want some cake now, looking at this late at night!

Maybe a late New Years cake? ^o^